Monday, June 16, 2014

Romance

I didn't think it was a romance until now.  I knew there was chemistry, love and a strong connection; this just seems to good to be true.   You know what they say about things that seem to good to be true?....... whoever "they" are, were wrong.   

This connection is not without its challenges, yet for some reason we both seem willing to take each challenge on, together.  Never has another person made me feel so empowered, like I have a support group of one, "the one".

The best part?  We teach each other things and the other is totally game to try and to learn.  A man that says "I can work on that", who knew?

I literally feel myself thinking those cheesy lines "you complete me" when we are together.   How incredibly lucky am I that some crazy woman, or women, didn't treat him the way he deserved or love him the way I do?  Counting my blessings is an understatement.

Why do I think this is romance now?   Because neither of us were looking for each other.   We meet people everyday and I remember the day I met him.  I remember thinking "what a teddy bear", the first time we met.  The second time we met I somehow found a way to spend extra time with him,  watching fire works.  It was years before we began to really talk and somehow he became that person I could trust with anything and everything.   He never judged me,  he never mistreated me and most important (to me) he never hit on me.  

I'm positive that I have loved this man far longer than I have said or admitted.  It is a very special romance when your best friend becomes your lover and never neglects their best friend duties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment