Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I remember.......

I remember what I was wearing and what he was wearing when it happened.  The moment was electric, like nothing I have ever experienced before in my life.  No words were exchanged, just a long stare the expressed more than words could possibly.  The passion, the desire, the love......all so incredibly overwhelming.  Overwhelming in the most positive way.  

Passion was something that I had put aside, really feeling that it was something I would never experience again.  I had talked to many friends that had convinced me that it was completely normal to lose that in a marriage.  In their opinion it was not for lack of passion, it was simply something that no longer fit into family life.  Although I had accepted it as gone, I in no way believed it was the way things "should be" or that it was "normal".  

Desire comes in many forms.  I can close my eyes and imagine how desire use to feel from inside of me and coming from another to me.  This tells me that at some point in time the desire was strong, almost unstoppable.  I refuse to think that this is another emotional need that simply disappears over time.  

Love is an emotion that consumes you in most amazing way.  Passion and desire is wrapped up into love.  That being said, how can passion and desire go away if there is still love.  My conclusion?  Relationships are work.  Lets all stop making up excuses as to why these things are gone and put the work in.  Isn't the object of your live worth it?

Courage is what I have found in myself when exploring these feelings.  It is necessary to give 100% to every relationship, as long as you remember the following:  

If your relationship scale is heavy to one side, maybe it isn't the right relationship.  You are worth feeling those positively overwhelming emotions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment