Monday, June 9, 2014

Hard Day

Even the most difficult of days can have a silver lining......

When I opened my eyes this morning, after very little sleep, I remembered the rumblings of the prior evening.  I took a deep breathe, sat up in my bed and said to myself "you can do this".  Although this may have been enough to get me going I also picked up my phone.  I had a text message from Nancy, my get me going zumba girlfriend, and my best friend reminding me that I am loved and missed.  Terrific start to my morning.

After dedicating a couple hours to work in the a.m., it was time for zumba.  Zumba is one of the most fabulous parts of my week.  I dance all the negative ju ju and unhealthly vibes away.  By the end of zumba class today I had a handful of not so fabulous texts.  Finding them to be mean, rude and unhealthy - I did not respond.  That may of been a mistake as the individual continued to use even stronger language toward me.  I finally respond just letting the person know that I had just gotten out of class.

I spent my drive back to the office thinking about how to respond to this person.  I came to the conclusion that I needed to do what I have always done, tell the truth.  After a conversation with my best friend I decided to do just that.  Although the truth was hard, it was the right thing to do for all parties involved.  Most importantly my children will know that in all of this, I was honest and did what was healthy for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment