Wednesday, June 25, 2014

New Path

This month has been long, productive, scary and difficult.  Walking away from something I once believed in may of been the hardest thing I have done in my life.  Being away from my kids for so long has been the worst part of all of this.  It was the right thing to do though.  This would of been much harder to do with them here.

In these last 3 - 4 weeks I have moved out of my marital home, found a new home for me and my children, prepared the new home for all of us, stepped up at work to be where I need to be financially and was totally honest with myself for the first time in years.

I sit in my new home and it feels like home.  It is comfortable, big enough that we are not all on top of each other, small enough that I don't feel overwhelmed with cleaning it and the neighborhood is so peaceful.  I absolutely can't wait for the kids to see it.  I have sent pictures with every change I have made, but I really think they are going to love the place.  My oldest son has been very helpful and I am so pleased that he has decided to stay living with me and his younger siblings, for now.

I could not of done any of this without my best friend.  He is the most amazing support.  You know, that best friend that doesn't let you pull any BS.  I need that in my life.  He makes me feel stronger than I thought possible.  He believes in me and I am forever grateful for him.

I'm looking forward to this new chapter in my life.  Surrounding my children with love, support and positivity is our new path.


No comments:

Post a Comment