Saturday, November 14, 2015

Do You Regret?

Do you regret?  I have been asked that many times in the past couple of years and I never had an answer. Inside I knew I did not regret but was unable to explain what it is I do feel.  I would look at my children and know that without them I would be a lost soul - they are my heart, my soul, my life.  I look in the mirror and I see a woman that was strong enough to say her happiness mattered.  I took control of my life and gave myself permission to live.

So - no I do not regret.  I may feel disappointment for many things.  I can promise you that I learned from each disappointment.  I may feel sorrow but that sorrow is no longer for myself.  I may be dissatisfied with where I am in certain areas of my life, but giving up is no longer an option.  I may experience discomfort in certain situations due to some of my decisions, but I own each and every choice.  The biggest is worry - I tend to worry about those I may of effected while coming to my resolve and I am working on that.

I am under no delusion that life will now be this 100% happy place.  I am, however, promised another day every time I wake up and all I can is my best each and every day.  Like any human I can have brief moments with lapse of good judgment; I take those moments as time to think, re-evaluate and sometimes to just refocus.  If we don't give ourselves these instants to learn how will we ever grow into the person we love when we gaze upon them in the mirror?

My best friend reminds me every day what he sees when he looks at me.  I know I will never see what he sees but I am willing to try every day for the rest of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment