Sunday, November 8, 2015

Half a Heart

I am overwhelmed with emotions today.  I have the strongest desire to reach out and strangle a man that had no effect on my world until he hurt one of the most amazing women I know.  My bestie is quite possibly the most level headed, strong, loving and beautiful human beings I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

We met as small children, I honestly don't know how young I was but it was before I even began kindergarten.  We are six years apart, so as children that seemed like a million years.  As adults it means nothing.  I can thank Facebook for bringing her back into my life.  When we reunited it was a quick transition back into the best friendship.  We were both in similar places in our lives and found it easy to share with each other.  I can honestly say there have been many times in the past few years where I would of felt completely alone had she not been in my life.

As new single women we found ourselves traveling the same road and feeling just as sure and ify about it.  I can tell this woman anything and not feel judged, not because she has been there or done that but simply because she cares about my happiness.  There has never been a stronger, more dedicated supporter of me. She often gives me the strength to follow through with decisions I feel alone in making.

A man stole her heart at a time in her life when she was open to the experience.  It was a scary, difficult road to take, but she jumped in with the promise they had.  She clearly had a profound love for this man and honestly I felt he had the same for her.  They both made some big decision and moves to be together.

My bestie and I took our girl trip this year without our men.  This was not what we wanted to do, but how it turned out all the same.  During the week we were gone there must of been some interaction between her man and his ex.  When we returned he was a totally different man.  The way he spoke to her, lack of interaction and just odd behavior.  My amazing friend could see right through this behavior.  Unable to get him to communicate in an adult manner, she sat back and gave him space.  Why?  Because she is that loving, respectful person I described earlier.

Long story short - this man (which is a very nice description) was still unable to release her with words.  He simply could not fess up to his actions in her absence.  Why would you maintain this relationship for almost 2 years, move out on your own, take trips with her and introduce her to your child and meet her family if you were not going to give 100% to make it work?  Now all of these people are involved, children are involved - what type of man does that?

Listen...I am aware that I am protective of her due to our friendship, but any man with half a heart and some balls would of handled this differently.  Just as you have expectations, we have the simple expectation that you can handle yourself in an adult manner.  My biggest regret is not seeing through you earlier to keep my friends heart out of your hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment