Thursday, November 12, 2015

My Man

Sitting in my room alone today I found myself with visions of him.  I know he is the one I always needed, I have no doubt.  I tried to write down all of the ways I would describe him to others and clearly there isn't anything negative about having this man in my life.

Strong - Many people see this word as meaning physical strength.  Although he is a very hunky, strong man that is not why I use this word for him.  He has an inner strength that exceeds anyone I have ever met.  His strength runs deep.  Whether he is protecting himself, his family or his love - he is the strongest man I have ever known.

Positive - You know how you always have those people in your life that see the good in everyone?  He goes above and beyond that.  He believes in others, he sees the good in all and he believes in honest intent.  He simply shines his light on things and shows me the good in it.

Caring - Everyone has those people they care about, but this man opens his heart in a way that is rare.  He puts most people before even himself.  He has made many decisions in his life that were purely for others gain, not his own.  He also gives the most meaningful hugs I have ever felt.

Intelligent - I love to listen to him talk.  Now don't get me wrong, I listen, but I honestly do not think it would matter what he was saying.  He makes me see things differently.  He educates himself in the things that effect him - his job, music, weather, spiritual lessons, etc and he excels in all areas due to his mind and how it retains what he needs.

Honest - I have been told the majority of my adult life that I am brutally honest.  I have never taken that as a compliment until I met him.  He is honest is the most sincere manner.  He, unlike me, is more careful about what he says, but he always means what he says.  He will not lie to you for his own gain.  It is like he is speaking directly to my heart.  The best thing?  He isn't afraid to tell me NO or that he thinks I may be wrong, etc.  Anyone that knows me knows that I don't take that well, yet this man can say it in a way that does not bother me - not to mention I listen to his side and take it all into consideration.  His honesty has made me more open.

Handsome - His eyes paralyze me.  I could literally look at him all day, not just because of how he is looking at me but because I truly find him to be the most attractive man.  There is no standing or sitting next to him without touching him.

Loving - Many people would put this in the same category with caring, I disagree, it is totally different.  When I hurt, he hurts.  He allows me to be me, completely.  He has taken the time to get to know who I am better than I even know myself.  He holds my hand through every day and is always there to catch me should I start to fall.  His love is my shield.

Protective - This man would literally take a bullet for me.  He guards not just my body, but my heart like it is his own.  He sees it as his job to take care of me in all the ways a man should and even in ways most men don't.  I feel safe with him - like he would never let anything happen to me.

Adventurous - I have not decided how much detail I should give on this one; I will say this - I have never craved a man more in my life.  Not just sexually (although that is VERY true), I crave his voice, his hand in mine...  He is willing to explore the world with me in a way I have never had the pleasure to enjoy.  No matter what I want to do or try he will listen, give his two cents and try with me.

Trusting - Throughout my almost 42 years I have had many friends, but I have never trusting anyone the way I trust him.  I have told him more about me than anyone, ever.  Not only does he listen, but he hears me and retains the information.  He does not judge me for my past, present or future.  I know that my heart is in good hands with him.  I trust him with my entire self.

Spiritual - We both want to explore more of our spiritual side and he allows me this freedom.  I have spent many years hiding what I feel to make those around me comfortable.  With him I can explore who I am, what I feel, what that means and what that means for us.  We can read the same book and discuss it.  He can calm me like no one ever could.  I feel him.

A Great Father - For all of the reasons above he is clearly an amazing father.  He gives 100% to all of his children.  He loves them unconditionally.  He treats them with respect and gives them room to be their own person.  Even with my children he gives love in a way that feels comfortable and safe.  Being open with them and sharing himself.

Everything I ever wanted or needed in a man is inside of him.  He has shown me things that I did not even know I was looking for.  He is everything to me.  I wake up to his love and I go to sleep with his love.  It feels wild and sometimes even lusty; yet I have never been more sure of anything in my life.  I want to run instead of walk, I want to sing instead of hum, I want to laugh instead of just smile all because this man fills my heart with so much joy, love and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment