Saturday, January 9, 2016

Moving Forward

Well guys - I finally did it. I have carved out time and procedure to get moving on my book.  I had a real struggle. I didn't know where to start.  I decided, thanks for my bff, to just write.  This is going to be a process.  I just need to get it all on paper so we can begin to deal with how it will all come together.  It seems like every time I read what I have already written I remember more. So, in short, this was the best way to start.  Get all that emotion, memories, words down and then worry about making sense of it all.

There is no better feeling then letting go of something that has haunted you for so long.  I knew I would feel better, however I didn't know how much I would learn about myself.

To be completely honest - the songwriting contract helped get me into gear also.  I don't want to say I did not believe in me but that may of been exactly what it was.  I had, for so long, not been supported that I let myself let go of what I wanted.  Thank you Nashville for a little bit of validation.  It is now my turn to carry forward and make things happen for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment