Thursday, January 28, 2016

0 to 60

I have been a 0 to 60 girl most of my life.  Are you wondering what I mean by that?  I mean that one second I would be fine and then someone would do something I found negative, rude or whatever and I would be instantly pissed off.  I am not sure why I was that way but I was.  Full disclosure - the older I got the worse my temper seemed to get.  I am generally a happy person, I felt like this negative reaction side of me was dark and worrisome.

I have been friends with my best friend, who is a male, for many years.  It has been in the past four years or so that he and I have become best friends.  I have never met a more positive, thoughtful, loving, caring and giving human being.  He is very good at showing me the other side to everything.  Even with us, something would happen and I would get upset, then when he called to talk to me he would ask me "do you think I would ever hurt you on purpose"?  I know he wouldn't, so why would my first reaction be anger?

A few months ago I had lunch with my bosses, who happen to be very good friends of mine.  We were working on things we would like to see and I was explaining this positive view my best friend always seems to have.  It was simple...consider the other persons intent.  Yes, it's that easy.  Consider who you are talking to and use what you know about them to temper your reaction.

I have not had a 0 to 60 moment in almost three months.  I feel like not only am I handling things better but good things are happening around me, to me and for me.  I never had a stronger circle of friends and family. I feel strong, supported and loved.  It may not look like what I envisioned but it is my perfect picture and I love it.


3 comments:

  1. Awesome, sweetheart. I have worked very hard to control my temper over the years so I get it. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, sweetheart. I have worked very hard to control my temper over the years so I get it. Love ya

    ReplyDelete