Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Share Me, Send Me

Feeling a little spoiled today.  I have been struggling to write because my chromebook took a dump and blogging from my phone is less than productive and super annoying.  I was enjoying my relaxing evening, alone in my bedroom. ignoring the rest of the work and in comes my oldest son with a box that I knew came in the mail today.  He not only got me a new chromebook but he got me a larger screen one.

So, here I sit after a VERY long two days at work super excited to blog.  I think I may be crazy, those of you that know me...hush.

I spoke with the Nashville company today and I think we have reached an agreement, so I will be signing the contract for the one song.  I realize this could lead to absolutely nothing, but that little bit of "what it" is enough for me to move forward.  I have gotten the specifics from them on the second song rewrites as well, so that is my next project.  They will then sign a different contract on that song.  It is done by song due to the fact that I am a lyric writer, not a writer of music.  Therefore, I will be splitting the royalties.  Their side includes the music, the producer and the vocalist to create a demo.  This process is so new to me and I am so scared of losing my own creation.  No risk, no reward, right?

I am asking all of you, as my loyal friends and readers, to spread the word of my blog for me.  I need to build up this following for my book and my music.  I promise to share the demos as they are completed and should it get picked up by an artist to record we can all celebrate together.  Many people have asked me about the money part of it.  I don't think you can understand my position unless you have been in it.  My words are my art and I just want to share it.  Sure - it could equal money but that is not my motivation.  My children are my motivation.  What better lesson can we teach our children than to never give up their dreams?

Ok guys - share me, send me, get the word out.  We are living this adventure together and I am so grateful for the love and support.


No comments:

Post a Comment