Tuesday, October 6, 2015

To Life Coach or Not?

A while back I was working with a life coach.  Prior to meeting my life coach I thought it was a waste of time, waste of money and basicially a bunch of bull.  The life coach I met changed my view.  What he pointed out to me was that I juggling more responsibilities, pain and negative relationships than one would ever wish on their worst enemy.

I have heard this a few different ways in my lifetime but let me run them by you:

-  Do you have any relationships that continue simply because you reach out to them?

-  Have you found yourself excluding other friends for the happiness of another?

-  Do you have a person in your life that seem to always complain?

-  Do you have a person that is a "one upper"?

-  Do you have a person that immediately points out the negative in any situation?

-  Do you have a person that makes everything a competition?

-  Do you have a person that lies to make themself look better?

-  Do you have a person that doesn't support you in your life?

Really think about each of these things.  What I learned during the process with my life coach was heart breaking.  The two most negative people in my life were my best friend and my husband (now ex's).  As I dug into things deeper with my best friend I found out more and more that I did not know.  I reached a point of no return; a place and time that I knew I could never look at her the same or trust her again.      

As for my husband - I tried, tried and then tried some more.  I discovered the reason I felt the way I did about myself was directly related to how I was being treated.  I knew that was not the person I married and made every attempt, numerous times to explain it to him.  There were even times I thought he heard me.  In the end I realized that the love that I had for him was not enough to make him love himself.  In the end it was more about him wanting to be right then wanting us to be happy.

With the two most negative influences on my life gone I have made some incredible strides to better my life.  I have found joy in the people I surround myself with.  I have dove head first into a job I love.  I have devoted even more time to my children.  I have learned to take care of myself, by myself.  I have created stronger bonds with each of my children.  I have learned to love not only others, but myself too.  I am in control of my life and I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment