Sunday, October 11, 2015

Lets call him D


I have legally been divorced since August 12, 2015, I have three children, a full time job and a life of my own.  For a very brief amount of time I thought I would date.  I felt like everyone found out I was single and, as I said to my friend, someone must of put an ad in the paper that said I was single and clearly included my phone number.

During this period of time I spoke with a man that was 9 years older than me and seemed like a decent human being.  I had no attraction or even desire to date him, but I did not mind the idea of meeting new people.  When I was out with a female friend of mine we invited, lets call him D, D to meet up with us.  This single event should of been enough for me to know he was not capable of being a friend in my life.  He could not find us and began to text very nasty words and even used profanity.  Eventually he did find us.  He hung out for a while and then we all went our separate ways.  Neither myself or my girlfriend thought much of him. Here is the kicker; he sent me a text saying hanging with me gave him a "chubby", who speaks like that at our age?

Several times since then he has asked to meet up and clearly has no concept of a single mothers life.  Today was my limit.  He asked if he could come over and watch football with me.  I, of course, said no because I am not bringing anyone I don't know and/or trust around my children.  I did say that I was willing to go on a walk, as I was planning to do so anyway.  Our schedules for the day did not line up and I, again, was this horrible woman that broke a date.  What?  I accepted no such date, I gave no intention of wanting a date, I have zero desire to date him and he is a pushy ass.  Yes, I did tell him I thought he was a pushy ass.  What did he say?  He said that I had let another good man slip through my fingers and I no longer had to worry about his pushy ass.  Was that suppose to punish me?

I am trying so hard not to let this experience keep me from meeting new people.  I still am not available to date, yet I love meeting new people.  I have found some amazing people out there and am truly grateful for that.  It is moments like this that make me want to stay home every night.  I won't allow that overwhelming emotion to rule how I move forward.

3 comments:

  1. Forget that asshat hun. You have friends that truly lI've you, like me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget that asshat hun. You have friends that truly lI've you, like me! :D

    ReplyDelete