Monday, October 5, 2015

I found it!

I have been very careful not to give to much information about my personal life on my blog for several reasons.  The number one reason was me trying to be respectful to those that were offended or less than supportive of my writing in the first place.  I don't think I need to do that anymore.  It is my life, my blog and my choice to express myself in the fashion I prefer.

It has been years since I really let myself sink into writing.  I never had the support to allow myself the time to write.  That was the nice way to say it. I really felt that those who should be my biggest fans were the ones totally against me writing.  As I sit here now and think about why that may of been - I clearly do not understand.  Wouldn't all of us support a friend, family member or spouse in anything that they felt so strongly about?  

I never claimed to be good at writing; but it often served as my therapy.  There are things that have happened in my life that my parents still do not know, my brother and sister do not know.  I held onto these things for way to long.  The first person I ever allowed into that part of my brain at all completely let me down.  He didn't understand it, care to hear it and certainly never supported my writing outlet.  That led to my emotional prision.  I have never let anyone that close again, until now.

I have found something that I didn't know existed.  I found a person that supports me in all I do and want to do, lets me be exactly who I am, loves me for who I am and is, indeed, my biggest fan and best friend.  I often talk about bottling what we have because I do not think the majority of the world even knows this type of relationship is possible.  Having someone that knows me better than I know myself.  Although I haven't shared everything yet, I know I can and I know that I will be heard.

You know that person that knows exactly when to respond, when not to respond and exactly what you need in that moment?  I have it.  I found it.  That person that will work through everything because you are just as important to them as they are to you.  That individual that doesn't let you shut down when that is all you want to do.  That support that lets you lean on them even in their weakest moment.  That heart that completes yours.  That soul that you never want to be without again.    

I am positive that you will learn more about this person and our connection throughout my upcoming blog installments.  Please be open to what it is - we all deserve it.


2 comments:

  1. Well said! Love that you are embracing the joys and imperfections of the human life! Nothing but love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! Love that you are embracing the joys and imperfections of the human life! Nothing but love to you!

    ReplyDelete