Sunday, October 13, 2013

PPFS

I have spent the past 15 months working for Poudre Pet & Feed Supply.   When I originally interviewed it felt right immediately.   Let me completely honest and say that I would be paid much less than I am accustomed to if I chose to take this postion.  At the time it had the following Pros:

Close to home
Good hours
Free dog food

Obviously, I took the job.  

In the past 15 months I have realized the following additional Pros:

Family atmosphere
I can bring my dog to work
I love both my bosses like we have known each other for years
I am not only allowed time to go to zumba, but one of my bosses go with me
And finally I have witnessed the most giving spirits I have ever met

Last night 24 of the 42 employees went to a Gala/Auction event held by the Larimer Humane Society.  One of our amazing store managers had recently lost their dog.  This manager had seen the dog of her dreams upon arriving at the event.  The giving/loving owners of Poudre Pet & Feed out bid the entire room to have their choice of available adoptable animals.  Once they won the bid the "dream dog" was brought to owner Karen Horak.  Karen immediately took the leash and walked over to our newly dogless manager, Sara.  The exchange was nothing short of incredible.  Sara was in tears, Karen was in tears, I'm pretty sure all of us were in tears, as well as the entire room.

I have never met two more loving people than Karen Horak snd Karen Morris.  The relationships they build with their team is unmatched.

I feel blessed and thankful to have them in my entire families life and even more grateful to be part of their team.

No comments:

Post a Comment