Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Day After


I spent my blog time yesterday really reflecting on where I am in life.  Thinking back to where I was this time last year I had an overwhelming feeling of being blessed, grateful and thankful. 

I was in the right place at the right time when I began Zumba.  I remember walking in and feeling overwhelmed with how many people were there, wondering if they were watching me mess up (actually now I know it is just called learning) and hoping I could do it.  Let me just say now we are the overwhelming ones, I don't care who is watching and I DID IT!  This is not why I believe I was in the right place at the right time.  I talked about my Zumba family in yesterdays blog.  I am unable to find the words to explain what happened after I shared that blog.  Yes, I will still try.........

I get to Zumba early every class.  I like the "family time".  As I sit on the stage talking, sharing, laughing who appears?  My new running trainer, Meagan.  I wish I could explain what her energy does for me.  Anyone that knows me knows that I am full of fun and laughter, a bit of a goof off.  Meagan brings this positive energy that I want to bottle and sell.  She is literally just as excited for/with me.  She jumps into the seat next to me and passes me a folder.  Nervous?  I was.  Why?  I had a funny felling it is my new training schedule.  Guess what?  It was!  Meagan created something that seems so DOABLE.  I got more excited.  In addition she provided me with a gift card for my first pair of "real" running shoes.  Unbelievable, loving spirit......

Then we Zumba, after all that is why we are there.  We have a blast, especially my PIC (partner in crime), Jean, and I.  Before the final stretch song someone turns off the music and Jean gets on stage.  I assumed it was for an update from the Alzheimer's event we did with Jean and Nancy the prior weekend.  It was, but in additional Jean made a speech about me, my blog and our friendship.  Here is where the "in the right place at the right time" comes in.  Jean started Zumba the same time I did.  We have an unbelievable bond that can only be describe with one word, family.  Jean did such a fabulous job with raising money for the Alzheimer's event that she won a prize.  The prize was a cruise for two.  Fabulous right?  As we all revel in her excitement Jean says she wants to give this trip to me, me, yes, she just said me.  I would love to recite all the wonderful words Jean said about me, yet that just seems conceited, LOL.  I felt shock, amazement, love and gratefulness all at once. 

My best friend always tells me that positive ju-ju brings more positive.  She is so right!  The last year working on myself was worth it when I look around at my surroundings now. 

I love you my Zumba family.  Jean - you mean the world to me and I am forever grateful to have you and Nancy in my life.  Meagan - I am convinced you were brought into my world as a gift and I plan to keep this gift forever.  Dianne (my loving instructor) - if I could model myself after someone it would be you.  The life light that you shine is so positive.  I am forever grateful that I walked into your class.

No comments:

Post a Comment