Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Changing Your Life




Clearly there is two ways to look at every situation.  Making the conscious decision to look at the positive in everything can be difficult, however it is most rewarding.

I was told recently that I needed to start thinking with my eyes and less with my heart.  I don't think that is true.  Although I love the person who said it to me and love even more that they were looking out for me in telling me, I choose to be the way I am. 

As I have learned from writing my book, I created me.  I would not change the experiences, big or small, that molded me into the person I am today.  I am strong, independent, loving and a true friend to those I call friend.  I must be doing something right because when I look around me I have some amazing people in my life.  Some have been here the whole time, some are back and some are new.  Regardless they are there and there for a reason. 

The trait I am still trying to master is absorbing the love I am given.  I can freely admit that I am a giver, however I do not easily receive.  I also don't trust easily.  If someone has my trust they have earned it.  I firmly believe that is OK, everyone should take the time to feel comfortable in every situation.  I know that I am this way because of my past and the individuals that have let me down in life.  I have gotten much better at allowing people to earn my trust.  I also disconnect from those who prove they are not trustworthy. 

Creating a life circle that is full of positive people and actions is healthy.  I never realized how easily negativity from someone in your circle can affect the whole.  I choose to let go of those people.  That is the best thing I can do for my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment