Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer

This summer has been flying by.  I had a terrific stay-cation thanks to friends that lent is their beautiful home.  My youngest two children and I did things around our home that we have been talking of doing and never made time to do so.  
One day we went to Estes Park and ride horses.   Neither Josh or Kayla had ever been horse back riding before.   I don't think I have read a horse since I was 12 years old.   Josh, 12, tried to act super cool and for on the horse like a pro. Kayla, 9, was a little more timid but for on and made herself comfortable.   It was a great time and a gorgeous day.
Another day we went yo Water World near Denver.  Let me tell you. ..I have been to several water parks and this one takes the cake.   My mom joined us and even ride a ride.   It was a wonderful day.
I think stsy-cations are the way to go.   I was relaxed and not exhausted when it was time to go back to work.
My only mistake was going out with my girlfriend the night before returning to work.   Had a blast and paid for it!
I'm thinking one stsy-cation a year. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment