Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Ass-u-me?

I realize that everyone has the right to their own opinion, however, if you do not know my situation, the history of my life or my life vs. yours - your opinion is based only on the knowledge of your situation.  I can safely say that you are now assuming that you know what the hell you are talking about.  To bad assuming is the worst way to approach any situation.  You can support someone, even care about them but do not judge.  If you just read that and think you do not judge others - please, please, please read the definition of judging:

process of reaching a decision or drawing conclusions

Now, if you read that and still believe you do not do it - I'm sorry but you are living in denial.  We all do it. Some of us are less vocal, some of us can look past our judgments and their are those that think they can but instead offer advice or opinion lacking the facts to do so.  

Life is not a simple cookie cutter. Every person is different.  Every relationship is different.  Everyone reacts differently.  Do you really think that there would be so much turmoil in the world if everyone could fix their problems with the same magic wand answer?  

The worst of all of this?  When you make your assumptions without regard for others emotional attachment to their situation you will hit the hardest wall you have ever felt. You may as well of hit them because that is exactly how it feels when you think you can fix their issue so easily when they have been living it, trying everything - more than you could even think of trying.

Short version - consider others in your words.  You can't take them back.


Blog Directory & Business Pages at OnToplist.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi, first comment here.
    Well, I seldom assume, and I'm typically pretty careful with choice words. I think especially nowadays when people are easily offended, misconstrue everything, or read into things way too much.
    Even when I'm being cautious, people still have a tendency to take things the wrong way. I think people also need to have thicker armor.

    ReplyDelete