Friday, August 8, 2014

Big Picture

Breaking the limits isn't as severe as the response.  Sit back for a moment and review the "big picture".  Does this warrant a strong, verbal reaction or shall we pick our battles and let this one pass?  Being a believer in handling things as they come I have been working on this very thing.  My extreme dislike for the "ignore it and it will go away" attitude has provided me with an enternal struggle with this very thing.

I recently learned this about myself.  I have been so stifled by the opposite way of handling things that I am overly sensitive to it.  This may be obvious to others, but it truly wasn't obvious to me.  I can literally feel my walls go up when I feel this type of situation.  What is the result?  Poor, fierce over-reactions that can have a very negative impact on my relationships.

I suppose at my age I know what I want, need and even require.  I need to remind myself that not everyone functions the same way that I do.  I have been fortunate that the important people in my life understand me and accept me.  Still, now that I know this about myself I am convinced that it is a behavior I can better.


No comments:

Post a Comment