Thursday, July 10, 2014

One Day at a Time

It has certainly been a crazy few weeks.  The kids and I are in our new home.  I managed to hang pictures, fix my washer and dryer and even mow my own lawn.  How indepedent is that?  I sometimes impress myself.  Looking at my children gives me great drive and motivation.  Creating a living space with them has brought us all a little closer.  I think it has even improved the relationships between my children.  What mom wouldn't be thrilled by that?

Every day has a new challenge, whether it be something breaking in the new house, emotions hitting one of us at the wrong time or just awkward interactions because we are all in this new adjustment period.  I think the more my children see the interaction between me and their father the easier it is becoming for all of us. The fact that we get along helps also.  I am truly grateful for that.

Sleeping alone has not been an easy transition.  Although I completely enjoy being able to lay right in the middle of my queen size bed, it is a lonely feeling at first.  I decided that is was a comfort thing, so extra pillows have been my friend.  I do love that my room is clean all the time and my bed is made every day.  I have the kids in that routine as well.

We have adopted many new habits that have become routine for us.  No one is arguing about chores, no one is doing more than anyone else and no one is left out.  Keeping their rooms clean has become habit, so it is no longer a chore.  Cleaning up after themselves in the bathroom has become a habit, so it is no longer a mess.  Dishes are shared by Kayla and I, but honestly Kayla does it more, Josh takes the trash out (without being asked) and Justin works and pays rent.  My house is always clean and I absolutely love it.  Maybe I have taught them a little bit about taking pride in what is theirs, crossing my fingers.

Don't get me wrong, I struggle every day.  I have been blessed with a very strong support system, a wonderful job and parents that amaze me with their love daily.  All I can do is take one day at a time, try not to react before I have thought things through and remind myself about all the positive in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment