Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Struggle


fists.jpg (285×220)

Have you ever sat down and wondered exactly what a word really means?  I firmly believe if we did so we would speak in a different manner than we currently do.  I have been using the word struggle, struggling to define what I am currently going through; is it the right word?  Am I making a violent effort to get free?  Am I really being held in this place?  Am I fighting for the result I desire?

The answer is NO to all of the above.  In fact, I am doing the exact opposite of struggling; I have been giving in.  Giving in to others, giving in on what was suppose to be a compromise, even giving in by taking on 100% of the blame.  That is not who I am.  I am a fighter; a strong, independent woman that makes every decision for the betterment of her family.

I am not struggling.  I am advancing in a manner that supports my future and my childrens future.  I am making daily decisions that will create a positive result for my family.  I am not giving in or giving up.  I am simply picking my battles to show my children how difficult times can make us all stronger human beings.  I find struggling to be negative, as if you could lose.  I can't lose here - my children are a constant reminder that I have won.

No comments:

Post a Comment