Monday, March 25, 2013

Unplanned Weekend


I had big plans for this last weekend, which I did none of.  I had been suffering from a migraine for several days and on Friday it decided to take me down.  I arranged to have Friday off as my brother and his family were coming to town.  I managed to make it through zumba, lunch with my husband, movies with the kids and even dinner with the family Friday night.  When I made it home I crashed.  I had taken pain pills at my moms house, therefore unable to drive.  My husband got me home, I took more pain pills and tried to go to sleep.  NO SUCH LUCK!  The pain pills must have been some generic brand.  They made me itch from the inside out.  I took Benadryl to combat that madness.  Moral to the story, I did not sleep Friday night. 

Honestly, I do not remember much of Saturday.  I was miserable between the headache and the itching.  My brother, his wife and my mom came and got my kids to take them out bowling and to lunch.  The plan for Saturday night was to go dancing, obviously we did not do that.  I certainly didn't.  At the time I guess I did not know if everyone else went out or not. 

Sunday I slept until noon or so.  Got out of bed in time for my sister in law to come over and do my hair.  I felt so horrible that I was not very good company.  She got my hair done, cut my daughters hair and even trimmed my youngest sons hair.  My brother took all the boys to an indoor football game.  Yes, a lot of plans, none included me.  Migraines stink! 

Today, Monday, I feel better.  I still have a headache and I am incredibly tired.  I took one extra day to get myself 100%.  I slept in this morning, took more pain meds and rested all day.  My oldest son was nice enough to get me food and drink.  With my last bit of energy I am writing this.  Guess what is next.......a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment