Thursday, December 20, 2012

Close to Christmas

December 20, 2012

With five days until Christmas I am feeling anxious about the holidays.  Unlike Thanksgiving 2011, Christmas 2011 was a great holiday.  Where does the anxiety come from?  My thought is that it comes directly from me trying to be the protector of my family members.  I have spent all of 2012 working on how I handle things within myself.  I pray that it will help me in 2013.  I have tremendous difficulty when matters are not dealt with head on.  Therefore, in some of our family situations I am very uncomfortable.  What is that saying?  Elephant in the room?  That is it, there is an elephant in the room that EVERYONE is ignoring, however I can see it and hear it.  Very distracting. 

I am positive that my way of handling things is not for everyone.  I am also positive that I want my children to deal with feelings, emotions, issues, etc instead of ignoring them until they go away.  All of my children are strong, independent and opinionated.  Those are terrific characteristics if they are used in a positive manner.  Being "brutally honest", as my oldest son calls me, is not for everyone.  In my opinion, it is an Art.  An Art that is not appreciated by all.

So, my concentration will continue to be my children, my husband, my parents, my brother and his family and our friends.  Friends that fit in the definition we have created in our world.  I am incredibly grateful to be spending my holiday with my family.  I wouldn't have it any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment