Friday, December 28, 2012

Negative to a Positive

December 28, 2012

Today started out absolutely fantastic.  I even found the time to touch base with all of those I needed to thank or express my gratitude to for being part of my life in 2012.  I spoke to friends, I was productive and even received some very up lifting emails/text to start the day. 

Who knew that one simple action could tear me down completely.  I have really got to work on how I handle the way others view me.  I realize I should not care so much, however when it has to do with my work life, it matters to me.

Being strong has its draw backs.  Everyone thinks you can just be shit on and it will not matter because you are strong and will get over it.  NOT TRUE.  Those of us that take our professional life seriously, regardless how strong, take things to heart when they are said/done. 

I have often worked in industries where all of those around me are younger.  It usually means that most of my standards are not met.  I try to give enough that the change I require does not hit so hard.  There is always going to be those who just do not like change and those that are just to young to grasp that you can actually learn something from the change.  I have been told, at my newest job, that I bring a new level of professionalism here.  See, I think that is a compliment.  However, when you have those around you scared of that change or worried how it will affect them, it makes it hard.  These youngens are use to getting what they want because of the history or events.  It's time to take control of the business and not worry as much about the individual.  I understand this will be a process, but work with me people.

These are the days that I am happy that I began this blog.  This outlet does more for me than anything I can remember.  Therefore, instead of being upset by the actions today, I am going to grateful that I have this blog to keep me sane.


No comments:

Post a Comment