Friday, November 2, 2012

Grateful November



My eyes opened this morning and I was immediately smiling.  I wasn't sure why until I started to pay attention to my thoughts.  It is November!  November is my favorite month of the year.  As a kid I am sure that was because it was my birthday month; however as an adult it is so much more.
I admit, I do love my birthday and I am very spoiled for a full week, yet there is more to November.  My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.  I love having the family and friends together simply to spend time together.  There are no gifts, no cake - just food, fun and laughter.  Last year was one of the hardest Thanksgivings I have ever had.  I have worked very hard at pushing past that and not allowing it change how I feel about Thanksgiving.  

This year a good friend posted on Facebook to post everyday something you are grateful for.  I love this idea!  I know, it has been happening forever, but after the events last year I want to do this, need to even.  

So, my smiling is due to the fact that I already had so many thoughts of things, people, events I am grateful for that I am having to choose what to post each day.  Now that is something to be grateful for.

Happy November Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment