Saturday, February 21, 2015

Strength

Strength comes in many ways.  I always thought being hard and strong was the best way to show my strength and protect myself.  What I have now learned is that appearing to be the strong one leads to others being unaware or unconcerned about my feelings. 

I have a heart and feelings that are just as important and just as sensitive as others.  I may not break down and cry, I may not beg to get my way, but I will feel it. 

I try, really try not to react off of emotion; but my version of strength often creates a build up inside of me that explodes once I can't take anymore.

My new approach?  Sharing how I feel earlier.  I am positive that most that know me understand that no one likes it when I have time to stew.  I don't like it either.

My best friend has shown me what good communication brings.  That level of comfort is something I desire in all aspects of my life.

Strength doesn't mean taking everything on alone.  Sometimes it takes more strength to ask for help......

No comments:

Post a Comment