Sunday, April 21, 2013

BFF Weekend


When we moved to Colorado from California, about seven years ago, my husband promised me and my best friend that he would still send me to see her a couple times a year.  No matter what else is going on in our world he has always made that happen.  My best friend, Michelle, and I have worked very hard at getting as much time together as possible.  She travels a lot for work but always makes time for us.  Our "for sure" months are always January and November, our birthdays.  This is the first trip in A VERY LONG TIME that I have had a job plus a life, therefore could take time off while she is here and not feel guilty for it.  Speaking about my job warrants it own blog that we will get to another day.

Michelle got here late Thursday night, well I guess Friday morning, 1:30 am.  We slept in Friday and then went for a highly enjoyable BFF breakfast.  We relaxed for a bit and then went to Massage Envy for a two hour, that is right I said two hour, massage.  Yes, we suffer like this often.  Friday night we had a few drinks with a friend of mine, Trish, then picked up another friend of mine, Sonia, and off to the greatest concert this side of Denver, Salt n Pepa, Coolio, Doug E Fresh and Slick Rick.  Don't be jealous.  It was four hours of amazing music and dancing like we never danced before.

We slept in a bit Saturday and then went out to breakfast again.  The best part of the day was shopping.  This has got to be one things that BFF's should always do together.  Shopping made me happy as my Zumba craziness showed that it was truly paying off.   I dropped two sizes.  I need that motivation to keep the fire under my own ass.  Let me tell you I needed to fell the results as it is hard to tell when you see yourself daily.  Saturday night Sonia, Michelle and I went out dancing.  What an absolute blast!  A girl could not have two better PICs.

Today is Sunday, family day.  My dad made breakfast for all of us.  This is Michelle's staple on her visits.  Dad must make her some chorizo n eggs, hashbrowns, refried beans and tortillas.  He never disappoints.  The rest of the days we spent watching movies, I took a nap and just relaxing.  I needed a day like this.

Although tomorrow will be sad because my BFF has to go home we will make the best of it.  We will have another massage, some lunch and of course some Zumba. 

Nothing is better than my BFF time.  I look forward to it when it isn't here and I absorb it all I can when it is here.  I feel truly blessed to have someone so amazing in my life that loves me unconditionally.  No matter what is in my brain, how I am feeling, I know that I have a person out there that I can call on and trust. 

Truly grateful for everything in our life that has gotten us here.

1 comment:

  1. OH....I feel so special. :-) I love that we have been able to maintain this amazing friendship over the miles and years. We have an awesome relationship that spans time and distance. I love you! XOXO

    ReplyDelete