Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Support Someone

I fought it for years.  I remember telling myself over and over that I could do it on my own.  I even remember hearing about others doing it and thinking they could of tried harder on their own.  I truly thought it was all about will power.  There was no way that there were outside influences that created the issue.  I have learned how very wrong I was.

I literally tried for years.  I was able to lose some weight on my own by doing what I love...zumba.  It is easily my drug of choice.  Even when I was eating right and going to zumba four times a week; I quickly hit a plateau.  This plateau was no where close to the weight I wanted to be.

I should make one thing very clear.  I have never and still do not want to be "skinny", I want to be healthy.  The final straw for me was realizing how active I am and realizing I should not be this big with my lifestyle.  I want to enjoy life, live long, watch my children and (some day) grand children grow up.

It took some courage, but I decided that I would bring up the conversation with my husband.  I was scared to do so.  I have never really had any support in this area of my life.  The response I received was beyond supportive.  My husband was on board and for all the right reasons - not because he wanted me smaller or thought any less of me but because he truly saw and understood what I was feeling.  I could never of asked for a stronger supporter or better response.

So, three months ago I had gastric bypass surgery and I would like to share my experience, so far, with you.  There are ups, downs, tears, laughter and much more.  Please take what you can from my story.  At minimum, see enough to support someone else in the same situation.


1 comment:

  1. You look fabulous! I'm so proud of you and your efforts. Love you and miss you terribly!!!

    ReplyDelete