Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Nightmares

Throughout my adulthood I have struggled with remembering my dreams.  Oddly, it only bothers me when they are more of a nightmare.  I will remember enough to know that I am upset, sad, angry, whatever but not any true detail.  I have tried all types of dream remembering methods, it just has not worked for me.  I bet you are wondering why it matters.  Let me tell you why:

When I have a nightmare I will wake up feeling however that dream made me feel.  I will even feel anger towards anyone that may of hurt me in the dream.  I can't figure out why and I have a really tough time shaking the emotion part of it.

Last night was one of those nights.  Believe it or not, I actually remember parts of the dream.  I woke up feeling hurt, sad, betrayed even.  I have spent the better part of today trying to "get over it".  In this case I am completely aware of what the dream was about and understand it is not true, yet I am unable to squash these downer emotions.

What I don't believe...is that there is something true to the dream, that I am insecure about this specific relationship or that I am scared when it comes to this relationship.  What triggers these type of dreams?  Is it simply the unknown?  Maybe I'm onto something here.  I am, after all, a control freak.  Perhaps those things out of my control or even out of my vision are weighing on me?  I'm feeling this idea.  It makes sense in my head at least.

What to do now?  I am aready feeling better.  Is understanding why I have these dreams half the battle?  Because I am already thinking more positively about the whole thing.  Here I thought there was some deep emotional issue.  I guess I am not as complex as I thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment